Friday, May 7, 2010

Lack of Lolita

No daily snaps this week because I really haven't been wearing lolita much, aside from a few boring casual outfits. Between work and some movement (finally!) on my personal writing front, my schedule's gotten a bit crazy of late. I've also been feeling a bit glum, mostly panic and angst over how much I have on my plate, and I find it hard to put the effort into dressing up when I'm moody.

It's a bit strange: lolita fashion makes me very happy most of the time, but if I'm already in a bad mood, dressing up can actually make me feel worse! Partly because, when I'm in a pessimistic mood, it's easier to see the flaws in my outfit: those shoes don't quite match, this sweater's starting to look worn, why did I spend so much money on clothes that make me feel silly? Plus, the last thing I want to do when I'm down is attract attention to myself. Even positive comments can make me feel awkward, and I simply don't have the energy to fend off snarky remarks at all.

In general, my morning rule of thumb is to spend no more than 15 minutes picking out my coordinate. I may spend a bit longer tweaking my hair or accessories, but in general, if I've been pulling stuff out of my closet and shoving it back in for a quarter of an hour, it's time to settle for jeans and a t-shirt.

Luckily, I can't usually go more than a week or two before the aesthetic itch starts begging to be scratched, so my beloved clothing doesn't usually hang neglected in my closet for all that long. I've got a work-related event this weekend, which is going to demand some toned-down attire, but I think next week will be a good chance to start breaking out some almost-summer coordinates!~

No comments:

Post a Comment