Monday, April 19, 2010

Outfit snaps: Sakura in High Park

Toronto is lucky to have a lovely collection of Sakura cherry trees in High Park, a gift from Japan in the 1950s, and I'd heard through the Twittervine that they were just about ready to bloom. Since the weather forecast for the weekend called for rain, I decided to steal a few hours from my freelance job on Thursday (made up on Saturday, alas!) to enjoy the blossoms before they were spoiled by weather or too many photographers.

P1020133a

As you can see, most of the park is still in winter mode. Also, I should really have taken a tripod - there were very few places to set up my little Gorillapod for taking self-portraits, especially around the cherry trees themselves. I do like the spontaneous quality of this shot, however!


P1020126a

A more boring shot showing the full outfit, with my precious Angelic Pretty schoolbag.


P1020140a

The dress under the coat! I love this shade of green, although this dress is a touch too large for me and fits awkwardly as a result. I'm thinking of adding shirring to the front panel to fix the problem.

P1020142a

And finally, the sakura in blossom! Only about a third of the trees were flowering on my visit. I'm hoping to get enough work done this week to steal away for another mid-day visit, but we'll see how it goes. Speaking of which, I'll probably have better luck with that plan if I get back to it already!

P1020145a


P1020114a

Outfit break-down:

Coat - Juliette et Justine
OP, necklace - handmade by me!
Socks - Metamorphose
Shoes - Montreal RHS
Bag - Angelic Pretty
Bracelet - Forever 21
Crown ring - Claire's

3 comments:

  1. That green dress is stunning! I've been dreaming of dresses like that for a while now, in such a bold color and a beautiful print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was so excited to fine a nice cotton lace to match the fabric, which had been sitting in my stash for YEARS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that dress! It's such an amazing color and style. So elegant and yet still looks comfortable!

    ReplyDelete