Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Daily Snaps - April 18 -25

I'm hoping this will be a weekly post, but we'll see how it goes! Also, I am traveling for work this weekend, just got back from work-related travel, so posting will probably has definitely slacked off for a bit. My apologies!

April 18, 2010
Sunday! Kind of a lazy day - I wore this for the afternoon, including a trip to Future Shop.

April 18, 2010

JSK, OTK socks: Innocent World
Underskirt: self-made
Bag: Metamorphose
Hair clips, earrings: Claire's
Blouse: thrifted!

April 19, 2010
Sadly, this is probably the last outing for this particular JSK until next fall. I love the print - it reminds me of Emily Temple Cute - and it's very comfortable, but the heavy velvet and lining make it impractical to wear in the summer. Which is a shame, since this is pretty much my lolita fashion comfort food; it's comfortable, pretty without being too attention-grabbing, and always makes me feel lovely.

Also, I've broken the strap on my brown mary janes, and have been reduced to wearing slouchy boots with my classic lolita dresses until I get them fixed :(

The trunk was salvaged from a neighbor's garbage. I love using vintage suitcases and trunks for storing stuff in the basement - so much cuter than cardboard boxes!

April 19, 2010

JSK: self-made
Bag: Metamorphose
Turtleneck, boots: off-brand
Vintage suitcase: from the neighbor's curb!

April 20, 2010
Not exactly lolita, but I thought this was worth posting since a/ it incorporates some design elements from the fashion and b/ I'm pleased with how it turned out. The mix of the classic-style braid loops, straw mini-hat and Alice Auaa-inspired feather trim on the blazer make it feel like "me," but is still practical for a day of running errands.

And yes, I need black sneakers :)

April 20, 2010

Mini-hat: le Chateau
Jacket: thrifted & modified with feathers
Jeans: Old Navy
Shirt: screenprinted by me
Sneakers: Payless
Belt: ??
Bag: Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Crown ring: Claire's

Nothing from this weekend, as I generally don't wear lolita for work events.

No comments:

Post a Comment